Open every day except Mondays
The historical building that accommodates Pera Museum was initially conceived as Hôtel Bristol, designed by architect Achille Manoussos and built in 1893. Following a daunting renovation of the neo-classical building by architect M. Sinan Genim, Pera Museum was founded and inaugurated by Suna and İnan Kıraç Foundation in 2005 as a modern, fully equipped museum. Located just off Istiklal Avenue (known as Cadde-i Kebir, or the Grand Avenue, during the Ottoman period) in the heart of Beyoğlu, the museum comprises three major collections of the foundation: Orientalist Paintings, Anatolian Weights and Measures, and Kütahya Tiles and Ceramics.
Pera Museum offers Istanbulites a distinguished space for thinking and intellectual exchange through temporary exhibitions on the three upper floors, learning programmes, film programmes and other events. The museum has hosted and collaborated with the Istanbul Biennial since 2015.
Walking along Meşrutiyet Street, where the museum is situated among various other nineteenth-century buildings, Biennial visitors to Pera Museum can experience the historically layered – and still changing – cosmopolitanism of the Beyoğlu district.
Disabled access available.
Food and beverage facilities available.
Car parking unavailable.
- Lida Abdul arthereistanbul, Pera Museum
- Feminist Memory Project – Nepal Picture Library Pera Museum
- In Time / On Ground – Merve Elveren & Çağla Özbek Pera Museum, Performistanbul, Müze Gazhane
- Lamia Joreige Pera Museum
- Gülsün Karamustafa Pera Museum
- KONDA Pera Museum, Barın Han
- Charles Lim & Simryn Gill Pera Museum
- Angela Melitopoulos & Kerstin Schroedinger Pera Museum
- Alice Miceli Pera Museum
- Tita Salina & Irwan Ahmett Pera Museum
- Lieko Shiga Pera Museum, Müze Gazhane, Küçük Mustafa Paşa Hammam
- Sim Chi Yin Pera Museum
- Sriwhana Spong Pera Museum